Just in case you missed it… here’s what the last email said!
We look forward to welcoming you to our online, live introduction to ZOONOSIS at 8.00pm sharp.
You will receive a separate email with a link to access the show approximately 3 hours in advance of the performance.
This show consists of a zoom call and a website, which you navigate yourself, with guidance from the cast.
In the meantime, here’s some information that you may find useful:
Our virtual doors will open at 7.45pm, you will be held in a waiting room until admitted by the host.
- When joining the live event, you must sign in to Zoom using the name that the ticket was booked under (so, if you booked 4 tickets for Paddy Malone, please all sign in as Paddy Malone) as we are matching registrations to our guest list.
- After a live intro from the cast, which will last approximately 20 minutes, you will be directed to ZOONOSIS, a website where you can participate in the show.
- After 25 minutes (or so) exploring ZOONOSIS, you’ll be invited back to the Zoom room to finish off the experience with a live Q & A.
- Cast and crew will be live on zoom for the duration, available to answer your questions or provide a helping hand, if required.
- Due to the nature of this event, latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable interval, at approximately 8.20pm.
- Duration: 50 mins. approx
ZOONOSIS is aimed at people of all ages, but Zoom is a platform aimed at people 16 and older. All participants under the age of 16 must always be supervised by a parent or guardian.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- When you join the Zoom room, please leave your camera switched on if you are comfortable doing so. Feel free to leave it switched off if you’d prefer, but we would love to see your lovely face and say a quick hello.
- Please keep your microphone on mute until we ask you to switch it on.
- Please note: there are moments where flashing images or footage will briefly be projected on the screen, and there may be some loud noises.
- Please be mindful of what is visible on your screen during the performance. We recommend removing anything that can identify your location or contact information. Stay safe: think about what will be on your screen – don’t reveal personal contact or location information.
CHILD PROTECTION AND SAFEGUARDING
Because we’re DYT and this is a show created with, by and for young people, we have a duty of care to our members and have created an Audience Interaction Guide for this event, which is available to view online, here.
By attending the show, you are agreeing to comply with these guidelines. Any behaviour regarded as inappropriate will result in you being instantly removed from the Zoom room.
Read the Audience Interaction Guide online, HERE.
WHAT TO DO IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG
- If your internet fails during the show, once you have reconnected, simply sign in to Zoom again.
- If this doesn’t work, email us on email@example.com to let us know and we’ll get you re-admitted as soon as we can.
- In the unlikely event that we experience significant technical difficulties or an issue that means the performance has to pause or stop, we will communicate with you either through Zoom or via email. Should the performance stop altogether, please wait for us to get in touch with you about next steps. We will aim to contact you as quickly as possible but your patience will be appreciated.
- We’ve also created a technical FAQ sheet to help answer common queries. Read it here.
- To participate, you will need to download Zoom to a computer (select ‘Zoom client for meetings’ option), tablet or smartphone (we don’t recommend using a smart TV).
- We recommend downloading Zoom software ahead of time and, if you already have the software, make sure it is up-to-date and ensure you’re familiar with how it works.
- We recommend not running other programmes that use the internet at the same time as watching the show. If you’re using a tablet, double tap the screen for fullscreen view.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- We recommend listening to this show through headphones or external speakers for the best possible experience – and to check everything is working beforehand.
See you at ZOONOSIS!
Money raised from ticket sales funds quality artistic experiences for young Dubs aged 14-22. We’re so grateful for every cent. Thank you for your support.