About the production
Welcome to Ballygweeha, the windiest town in Ireland! The people haven’t heard each other properly in years over the roar of the gales, no-one’s ever been able to get a fire lit, and everywhere you look, there’s stuff blown over.
When prodigal son Luc Torney returns after ten years to save the town from ruin with a windfarm scheme, he is hailed as a hero. But Jacinta Nangle is brewing up a storm. A cast of locals, property developers and mammies collide in this modern Irish satire. The Windstealers is a farcical outdoor extravaganza with live music, performed by an ensemble of DYT members, directed by Ursula McGinn, co-director of Bombinate Theatre.
The seated performances will be held outdoors in the leafy surrounds of Belgrave Square Park thanks to the support of Fair in the Square and the Rathmines Intiative. It is a free, but ticketed event and capacity will be limited.
Performances 7.30pm Friday 31 and Saturday 31 July
Matinee 2pm Saturday 31 July
Best suited for ages 10+. Approximate running time 65 minutes.
Please note no pets or food permitted in the seating area.
All performances are weather and government guidelines permitting.
- JACINTA - Millie Bolger
- NARRATOR - Éabha Burns-Teeling
- MRS MOONEY - Ciara Doran
- HUGH - Luke Healy
- COILEAN - Nikole Kerpe
- FINTAN - Alan Markey
- DÁITHÍ - Séan Mulligan
- LUC - Luca Reuland
- FRANCESCA - Keeling Sheppard
- NARRATOR - Charlie Silke
- Director - Ursula McGinn
- Producer - Sarah Bragg-Bolger
- Stage Manager - Sophie Coote
- Musical Composition and Director - Jack Cawley
- Set and Costume Design - Naomi Faughnan
- Movement Director - Kevin Murphy
- Poster Design - Ste Murray
- Photography - Aoife Herrity
- Welfare Officer - Graham O'Neill
- DYT Programme Coordinator - Phoebe Moore