Dublin Youth Theatre is ready to restart ‘in-person’ workshops in October 2020. We are very grateful to Youth Theatre Ireland for their support in helping us plan and communicate our safe return.
In line with national COVID-19 guidance, there are restrictions on what we do and how we work together to prioritise everyone’s safety and wellbeing.
WHAT ARE THE RESTRICTIONS AND HOW ARE WE COMPLYING?
Under current (stage 3) restrictions, as a youth service, we’ve got the go ahead from the Department of Children & Youth Affairs and Youth Theatre Ireland for groups of 12 young people, plus up to 3 facilitators, indoors or outdoors.
- The Department for Children and Youth Affairs’ Guidance for Youth Organisations on Resuming Full Services After COVID-19 HERE
- We’ve carried out a full and thorough Risk Assessment, made the necessary to the studio and to how we carry out activities. Our DYT COVID Policies and Procedures are in place and online HERE
- All participants in DYT activities must read and complete our DYT COVID Declaration Form online beforehand. It’s available HERE
- All DYT staff, volunteers and facilitators are garda vetted and complete this e-course for COVID compliance HERE
WHAT ARE WE DOING and WHERE ARE WE DOING IT?
DYT studio on Montague Lane currently accommodates 9 people, with a facilitator.
- Our new Autism Outreach Group with Debbie Murphy is here till mid October.
- Writers’ Group with John Grogan is happening at The Museum of Literature and in the studio on Thursday evenings.
- Small, socially distanced Saturday Workshops for current members will take place in the DYT Studio on Montague Lane and outdoors from October.
- Additional programmes including in MoLI and The Axis Ballymun and other venues to be announced.
- Rehearsals and Quaranscene recordings are ongoing in the Studio and online.
In the case of a return to tighter restrictions where ‘in-person’ activities are no longer possible, we will return to online workshops.
WHO ARE WE DOING IT WITH?
ALL current memberships are extended till end of 2020, so even if you’ve aged out of DYT, members can still participate in all activities till then.
Unfortunately, we’ve had to postpone recruitment of new members BUT as soon as we’re confident that we can do it, we will. If you or someone you know is interested in joining DYT, fill out the application form HERE and we will be in touch.
Members and Parents / Guardians: Please check the Members News on the website regularly, this is where the most up to date information relating to DYT activities will be. We will also send an information pack by post and email, with details of upcoming workshops, shortly.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions, concerns or feedback. Graham and Angie are working from home and in the Studio and are always just an email or phone call away. Debbie is our Welfare contact and she’s available too.