Because we’re DYT and this is a show created with, by and for young people, we have a duty of care to our members and have created an Audience Interaction Guide for this event. We hope it’s helpful.
- ZOONOSIS will be introduced by 14 cast members live over 4 nights on Zoom.
- After booking you will receive a booking confirmation email and e-ticket.
- You will receive an information email the day before the show you’ve booked, with information about the show, how to log on, what to expect.
- You will receive a separate email with a link to access the show approximately 3 hours in advance of the performance.
- This show consists of a Zoom call and a website, which you navigate yourself, with guidance from the cast.
- The experience will begin at 8pm sharp, please log on to Zoom and be ready to join us at 7:45pm.
- You will be held in a waiting room until you are admitted by the host.
- Due to the nature of the show, we cannot allow for latecomers to join the experience until after 8:25pm.
WHAT TO PREPARE AHEAD OF TIME
- Make sure you are familiar with how Zoom works and check if the software needs updating well before the event as it can take time to download.
- Zoom uses up a fair amount of bandwidth so you may find it helpful to not run other programmes and downloads at the same time as experiencing this show
- If you are using a tablet you may need to double tap the screen for full view.
- We recommend listening to this show through headphones or external speakers for the best possible experience – and to check everything is working beforehand.
LOGGING IN TO ZOOM
- In keeping with our safeguarding policy, we can only admit people whose name and email address matches the details they booked with.
- When signing in, please use the name you booked with, not the details you would usually use to login to Zoom.
- When the live introduction is complete, latecomers will be admitted. Audience will be directed to the ZOONOSIS website and asked to return to the zoom room in 30 minutes.
- Cast and crew will be live on zoom for the duration, available to answer your questions or provide a helping hand, if required.
- Please be mindful of what is visible on your screen during the performance. We recommend removing anything that can identify your location or contact information.
We’ve also created a ➡️technical FAQ sheet opens PDF file ⬅️ to help answer common queries 👇
TECHNICAL FAQ SHEET FOR ZOONOSIS DIGITAL PERFORMANCES
DURING THE SHOW
- There are a couple of moments where everyone can be seen (but only if you choose to have your video on) but generally audience members cannot be seen or heard by the performers, the Stage Manager, or each other.
- The performers will remind the audience of this as the performance begins, explain that they can see a list of names only, and direct you to the ‘Raise Hand’ icon and message functions.
- There will be moments of interaction where you may type or speak to everyone – but you choose if you would like to do this, and how much involvement you would like overall.
- There are moments where flashing images or footage will briefly be projected on the screen, and some loud noises.
- Cast members will talk you through all of this as part of the experience. Don’t worry, they’re experts, you’ll be in good hands!
CHILD PROTECTION AND SAFEGUARDING
Because we’re DYT and this is a show created with, by and for young people, we have a duty of care to our members and have created the following audience interaction guide for this event. We hope it’s helpful.
- Your dress and manner should be reasonable and appropriate for a shared space.
- Be polite and act with consideration for other online users and participants of all ages and backgrounds.
- Stay on topic, don’t hijack the performance to discuss your own personal agenda or promote your own event.
- We won’t tolerate any kind of hate-speech.
By following the etiquette guidelines we aim not to moderate your participation in the performance. But we will remove you or your comments if you break our community standards.
- Personal attacks, abuse and trolling will not be tolerated;
- Offensive content will be removed;
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that can be interpreted as such;
- Use an offensive screen name (e.g. explicit language) or avatar (e.g. containing nudity);
- Act in a deceptive manner or impersonate any person or organisation;
- Harass or stalk any person;
- Harm or exploit minors;
- Distribute “spam” in any form or use misleading metadata;
- Attempt to collect personal information about others;
- Engage in any unlawful activity;
- Cause or encourage others to do any of the above.
CHILD PROTECTION AND SAFEGUARDING POLICIES
ZOONOSIS is aimed at people of all ages, but Zoom is a platform aimed at people 16 and older. All participants under the age of 16 must always be supervised by a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian must remain on screen where the activity is taking place. By granting your child permission to use the service, you understand and agree that you are responsible for monitoring and supervising your child during their participation in online activity.
VIEW OUR CHILD PROTECTION AND SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT HERE